Friday, October 8, 2010

Chicago Bridal Market 2010


Oh goodness, where should I begin?? This past weekend Laura, Lindsay, and I took a small roadtrip to Chicago to visit Bridal Market. Our hotel was gorgeous and right in the middle of Michigan Ave! We were able to dine at Lou Malnati's (best deep dish pizza EVER!) and potbelly's (which I now am convinced that Ohio needs them). Once we got to market, it did seem very overwhelming at first, but after a while we got into the "shopping groove." Let me tell you, some of these dresses are beautiful! The construction, silhouttes, and even the little details like pleating and beading were very well crafted. We got to visit all of the booths throughout the two days and Laura was even able to make some amazing purchases for the store. We made a lot of friends while we were there, including the men at Jovani who gave us those lovely silver bags in the picture below. : ) This experience was one I will probably never forget, especially because we crammed all of this into an overnight trip. I'm so grateful that Laura gave Lindsay and I the chance to join her!
-Kati


PS. I also got the chance to take a peek at the work being done on the new shop, and it has completely changed since the house was purchased. They definitely have been working nonstop to make this a dream bridal boutique and it is going to be perfect! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment